In airport or flight, you can see people wearing sunglasses, you think why they are wearing sunglasses on a flight? You think they are flaunting their sunglasses, but you are wrong they only protect their eye from UV rays. In day flight everyone faced brightness of sunlight, but who sit in window seat they faced most. That’s why people wearing sunglasses, you see in news celebrities always wear sunglasses when they come out from the flight, they hide their tiredness and protect eyes from sunlight and camera flash.
The Top reason why wearing sunglasses?
Protect eyes from UV rays at airport
People hearing the harmful effect of UV rays, they only think about skin. No one thinks about eyes, Sunlight has 500 times high blue light than other electronic devices, these light cause blindness. In flight you are close to the sun, the harmful effect of sunlight is high, sunglasses protect eyes from UVA and UVB rays (airport).
- UVA rays reach to lens and retina through the cornea, UVA rays developed the macular degeneration, which damage the retina and they cause eyesight weakness.
- UVB rays are high strong than uva rays, they pass through ozone layer after filtration. They affect deeply in the cornea, they cause snow blindness, which is painful.
In summer, people wearing sunglasses but in winter, they avoid because they do not know, the effect of harmful sunlight rays are same in both the season.
Sunglasses protect from UV rays and blue light
- Wearing UV blocker sunglasses, which is protected from harmful sunlight.
- Always wearing sunglasses when you go to flight or outside.
- There are some sunglasses which are specially designed for UV eye protection.
- These glasses protect eye 99%.
To sleep well in flight
Yes, it is annoying to hear, wearing sunglasses to sleep well in flight, in long flight people usually sleep. If you are seated in the window seat, you can wear sunglasses to get good sleep. Always wearing sunglasses which is properly fitted to your face, while sleeping, Because sometimes they fall down, it is very embarrassing.
In long flight, usually, people reading, watching the movie, seeing outside and writing, these are the cause of eye fatigue. This is common in long flight:-
- A headache
- Eye fatigue
- Trouble in focusing
- Dry eyes
- Watery eyes
- Pain in eyes, shoulder, and neck
Sunglasses prevent these cause, then give relax and good vision to eyes. Choosing right lenses, make your flight wonderful and you having a good experience.
- Always carry those pair of sunglasses, in which you feel comfortable.
- Do not use contact lenses in a long flight.
- Using eye drops.
- Wearing sunglasses in whole flight.
- Take proper diet.