An eye examination is a variety of standard tests designed to measure the eye sights, the health of eyes, also check the common infection of eyes and visual acuity. People usually scare of eye examination because they think it is painful but in an eye, exam eyes do not feel pain and it takes less than an hour.
An Ophthalmologist suggests checking your eyes on a regular basis.
According to age how to walk in eye exam
|Below 3||Within one month|
|Between 3 -6||1 and 2 in a year|
|Above 30||Within 3-4 year|
A general eye exam can diagnose the eye condition and vision power. Many newborn babies have eye disease like
- cross eye [strabismus]
- lazy eyes [amblyopia]
- pink eyes [conjunctive]
- common eye infections
These eyes infection can treat early age.
Common Eye examination
- Introductory interview: An Ophthalmologist can ask some basic question about patient’s health history.
- Pupil inspection: An Ophthalmologist can test the pupils of the eye, how they react to light and another various object.
- Visual field: Check both the eyes one by one [cover one eye and check the visual field and vice versa].
- Ophthalmoscopy: This test is done with an ophthalmoscope, it is also called funduscopy. In this test, a health professional can see inside the fund-us of the eye. It also a part of the routine eye examination.
- Visual acuity: It is mainly referred to the clarity of vision, it depends upon the neural factors and optical factors like:-
(i) sharpness of the retinal focus within the eye,
(ii) health and functioning of the retina, and
(iii) sensitivity of the interpretative faculty of the brain.
This test will cover one eye is cover and with the second patient will read the letters.
- Eye muscle health: An eye movement is tested in 6 directions.
- Tonometry: In this test, an ophthalmologist can measure intraocular pressure, when the measure is abnormally high it is the sign of glaucoma.
- Refraction: This test is referred to correct vision; an Ophthalmologist can prescribe an eye exam and glasses.
- Color vision: In this test, an Ophthalmologist can give patient different types of image which has symbols[color dots or patterns]. Identification of symbols an ophthalmologist can diagnose the certain types of color blindness.
- External examination: An Ophthalmologist can diagnose the eye.